Herrenkohl Law Office: A Full Service Firm
Your Priorities Come First
The legal system can be complicated and confusing, even with the most basic of cases. With more than 25 years of experience, Herrenkohl Law Office offers the knowledge and expertise you need to navigate the system. We work with you to aggressively pursue your case, with a legal strategy tailored to meet your needs.
We offer honest, direct and sensitive counsel. We understand the importance of communication. We work hard to stay in close contact with our clients. We keep clients informed as to each step in the process.
Herrenkohl Law Office Is Your Firm For Life
- Divorce and family law: Divorce, legal separation, domestic violence/protection from abuse, prenuptial agreements, spousal support/alimony, child support, child custody and visitation schedules.
- Wills and estate planning: Wills, probate, trusts, power of attorney, medical power of attorney, and advance directives/living wills.
- Elder care law: If your parent or loved one is in a skilled nursing facility, hospital or nursing home and is not receiving the required care even after you have asked the staff and administration about it, contact Herrenkohl Law Office. If you suspect abuse or neglect, call us right away.
- Medicaid: Medicaid spend-down and challenging unfavorable Medicaid rulings.
- Contract law: The wording of a contract has a tremendous impact on your rights and obligations. Do not sign anything you do not fully understand. If you are facing a contract dispute working with an accomplished attorney who understands contracts can make a huge difference in the outcome.
- Accidents and personal injury: Auto/car accidents, truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, personal injuries, nursing home issues, elder abuse, slip and fall, medical malpractice, wrongful death, and product liability.
- Employment law: Harassment and wrongful discharge related to employer retaliation, discrimination (age, gender, religious, race, and handicap), and whistleblower.
- Insurance disputes: Insurance disputes, property claims for fire, water, electrical and structural damages, delays with life insurance settlements, and liability insurance disputes.
Amy Martin Herrenkohl has practiced law throughout southern West Virginia for more than 25 years. As a regional lawyer admitted to the bar in both West Virginia and Ohio, she works with trial and appellate cases on the state and federal level. Her experience includes West Virginia circuit courts, West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals, U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit, the Ohio Court of Common Pleas and Ohio appellate courts.
Prior to opening Herrenkohl Law Office in 1995, she worked for Morrone Law Office and Wood, Grim & Delp, where she focused on general civil liability and insurance defense.