What Should I Bring To My Divorce And Custody Case Meeting?
In order to help you in the most expedient and complete manner, please bring the following to your consultation with your lawyer.
- Documents showing the duration of the marriage, along with any prenuptial agreements, separation agreements, etc
- Homeowner information, including mortgage status and payments, taxes and appraisals
- Recent bank statements with current balances for you and your spouse
- Recent statements showing amounts owed on credit cards, automobile loans and other debts
- The most recent monthly utility bills
- Income information for you and your spouse, including tax returns, W-2 and 1099. Please provide information for the past several years, if possible
- The most recent statements from 401(k), IRA, or other retirement plans for you and your spouse
- Names and ages of any minor children, as well as any extenuating circumstances such as medical conditions, academic issues, etc.
- Any pictures or other documentations that support your claim, such as infidelity, domestic violence, etc.
- Any court documents already filed in relation to the case
We understand this is a difficult time for you. We want to help alleviate your burdens and provide the support you need to make informed decisions regarding your future.
To speak with an attorney about your goals and concerns, please call Herrenkohl Law Office at 304-948-5703 or complete our contact form. With offices in Barboursville and Beckley, we serve clients throughout western and southern West Virginia.