West Virginia Workplace Discrimination Lawyer Advises Employees
Attorney with offices in Barboursville and Beckley seeks relief for victims of bias
Your success on the job should be based on your skills, experience and willingness to work hard. Unfortunately, biased individuals and businesses prevent many people from getting the position, promotion or salary that they deserve. Herrenkohl Law Office has offices in Barboursville and Beckley to give comprehensive legal support to victims of workplace discrimination. Throughout southern West Virginia, my firm advocates for employees in negotiations with employers, administrative proceedings and, if necessary, litigation. Drawing on more than 25 years of legal experience, I will explain what remedies might be available, including back pay, and battle to secure the best result possible.
Advocate handles claims of mistreatment based on race, religion, age and sex
Federal law and the West Virginia Human Rights Act prohibit various forms of workplace discrimination, including:
- Race, ethnicity and national origin — Everyone deserves a chance to live the American dream. Don’t let supervisors or co-workers hold you back or insult you because of your race, ethnicity or national origin. My firm is prepared to stand up for you.
- Religion — No matter what faith you practice, you have the right to fair treatment at work. I represent employees who have been subjected to offensive actions on account of their religion.
- Sex — You do not have to put up with harassing behavior or other types of discriminatory behavior based on your gender. If you didn’t get a job or have been subjected to sex-based mistreatment, my firm will fight for you.
- Age — Sometimes, employers attempt to mask their true motivation by claiming that an older worker cannot adapt to changing needs or technology. Individuals who are 40 years or older can seek relief if they believe they have suffered an adverse job action due to their age. You can count on me to counter unsupported claims.
- Disability status — The Americans with Disabilities Act and state law require employers to make reasonable accommodations for workers who are blind or have some other type of physical limitation, but can still perform their job duties. My background in employment law helps employees understand and enforce their rights.
The West Virginia Human Rights Commission works alongside the federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission to review discrimination claims. There are strict filing deadlines that might expire if you fail to enforce your legal rights in a timely manner. My firm can help you file your charge online, helping you avoid errors that could delay or disqualify your claim. If mediation is required, I will represent your interests before the neutral third party in an attempt to reach a mutually agreeable resolution. Should that process fail, I am ready to pursue justice for you before the relevant government agency or in court.
Contact an effective West Virginia workplace discrimination lawyer
Herrenkohl Law Office advocates on behalf of West Virginia employees victimized by workplace discrimination. For a consultation regarding your situation and legal options, please call 304-948-5860 or contact me online. My offices are located in Barboursville and Beckley.