Barboursville Personal Injury Lawyer Provides Outstanding Representation
Cabell County attorney pursues compensation for victims of negligence
An injury caused by someone else can quickly become a financial problem as well. Healthcare expenses pile up from the moment you start receiving treatment, and insurance companies are often determined to delay or deny the payment victims are owed. At Herrenkohl Law Office in Barboursville and Beckley, I am a proven West Virginia personal injury lawyer who battles on behalf of victims to help collect the compensation they deserve. Whether you were hurt in a car crash, because of a doctor’s error or in a fall on someone else’s property, I know what type of reimbursement plaintiffs should receive based on the facts in their case and take on defendants to recover that amount through a settlement or in court.
Firm takes on cases arising from car crashes, falls and medical malpractice
Throughout southern West Virginia, I represent clients in a full range of personal injury matters, including those involving:
- Vehicle accidents — In cases stemming from auto accidents, my knowledge of applicable laws and courts helps clients understand what type of recovery they should expect. Rather than accepting the first offer made by an insurance company, I press for the full payment that my clients deserve. When someone has been hurt in a truck accident or motorcycle accident, I am well versed in the special considerations associated with these types of claims.
- Premises liability — My firm handles slip and fall litigation and other premises liability lawsuits arising from situations where a plaintiff was victimized by a property owner’s failure to take prudent safety measures.
- Medical malpractice — Patients trust doctors and other healthcare providers to meet the highest professional standards at all times. When a problem occurs, such as a misdiagnosis or surgical error, the consequences could be devastating or even deadly. My firm understands how to collect the necessary expert testimony for medical malpractice claims and doesn’t back down when defendants and their insurance companies try to avoid accountability for their negligence.
- Product liability — A defect in a household appliance, vehicle or other type of item might lead to a serious injury. In product liability actions, I conduct a thorough investigation to see where harmful flaws originated.
- Construction accidents — Heavy equipment and busy activity make construction sites dangerous for workers and bystanders. When carelessness causes an injury, my firm examines all of the pertinent evidence in order to find the parties liable for the damages.
- Nursing home negligence — Elderly people who live in a nursing home or another type of residence where care is provided are vulnerable to abuse and neglect. Even worse, these seniors might not have the ability or opportunity to obtain appropriate help. If you suspect that someone you love is the victim of nursing home negligence, I’ll work promptly and assertively to remedy the situation.
West Virginia residents who suffer an injury due to the carelessness or intentional conduct of an individual or businesses can collect damages for the resulting medical expenses, rehabilitation costs, lost wages, mental anguish and pain and suffering. I am a skillful trial advocate and settlement negotiator who is determined to make a positive difference for my clients.
Compassionate advocate advises on wrongful death claims
When tragedy strikes and a loved one dies due to someone else’s negligence or willful actions, it might be difficult to think about initiating legal action. However, you only have two years from the date of someone’s untimely passing to file a West Virginia wrongful death claim. My firm represents personal representatives of deceased victims’ estates in order to secure payment for surviving spouses, children and parents. Though nothing can bring your family member back, compensation is available for funeral expenses, income that the decedent likely would have earned while alive and the loss of companionship that you’ll feel forever. Having practiced law for more than 30 years, I can show you what type of financial recovery would be appropriate given the facts in your case.
Contact a strong West Virginia personal injury lawyer for a free consultation
Herrenkohl Law Office advocates on behalf of West Virginia clients who have been hurt due to someone else’s carelessness or willful misconduct. With offices in Barboursville and Beckley, my firm offers free initial consultations to personal injury victims. Please call 304-948-5860 or contact me online to make an appointment.